Plans and communications are the backbone of ICPlan and where all the data in ICPlan stems from.
Think of plans as the parent folder, and communications as the children, specifically the activities that take place within the folder I.e a plan could be - Chief Executive Officer blog posts and a communication within that would be January CEO update.
Steps to create a new plan
- To create a new plan go to the 'Plans and Communications' page. Select "Create New Plan" from the top right-hand corner.
Fill the plan fields, further information below:
- Business areas: Select the relevant business areas for the plan, you must select all the business areas that will be used on communications within that plan (you'll only be able to select business areas on a communication if it is included at the plan level).
- Plan owners and team:
- You'll only be able to select users if they have read or edit rights to the business areas included in the plan.
- Owners of a plan must have edit rights to at least one of the business areas selected in the plan.
- You must include any users here that you want to add to communications within the plan (you'll only be able to select owner and team from users included at the plan level).
- Dates: Enter the start date for the plan and either an end date or mark the plan is ongoing.
- Other information:
- Objectives and key messages (It's a good practice to add as much information as possible here so that you can stay on track with plan objectives and key messages for each of the communications within the plan)
- Strategic priorities
- Budget (admin users only)
- To change the colour of the plan, click on the colour next to the plan name either with the edit pane open on the right or from the plan in the list. As well as the pre-populated colours, you are also able to create your own colours by clicking the + symbol and selecting 'Add Custom Colour'
- In the plans & communications list, click the menu icon on the right of any plan to edit, delete or archive it.
- You can also duplicate a plan from this menu, duplicating a plan will also duplicate any communications in the plan.